Kids will be kids and they are fascinated by everything. Every day they discover something new and part of the joy of being a parent is seeing things through their eyes. But when you get down to their level and start exploring with them, you soon become aware of all the potential dangers.
To help, our electricians have complied a list of simple tips to make sure that your children are safe when it comes to all things electrical.
- Every plug socket is a potential toy. Buy child safety plug tops, they can ensure that your child can’t touch or poke anything into the socket.
- You might notice that your baby or toddler is exploring the world by putting everything in their mouth and this is all part of their growth and development. However, when it comes to shock hazards like electrical cords, it’s essential not to leave them in reach as you can guarantee that they will put it in their mouth with the same amount of enthusiasm that you would use for your favourite chocolate bar.
- If you notice a frayed cord, don’t risk it, replace it. This is a dangerous shock hazard that can be potentially fatal.
- Kids love water, fact. So, when it comes to your electricals kids won’t discriminate about what gets to take a dip in the water next. Keep all electricals away from any sinks and baths and always practice good habits around them.
- When using extension cords, hide them behind furniture or purchase a protector shield to stop curious children from exploring them.
- Switch all appliances off when they are not in use.
- If your electricals are sparking or playing up it could be the sign of an electrical fault. Call a Tedford Air & Electrical electrician, we can ensure that you or your family won’t experience any nasty shocks.
When you need a reliable and experienced electrician on the Gold Coast, in Brisbane or in Northern New South Wales, call Tedford Air & Electrical, we can do advice you on the best way to keep you and your family safe from electrical shocks.
Meta description: When you need a reliable and experienced electrician on the Gold Coast, in Brisbane or in Northern New South Wales, call Tedford Air & Electrical, we can do advice you on the best way to keep you and your family safe from electrical shocks.